Educational Benefits for Veterans

Be sure to explore all your options for financial aid as a veteran, including federal, state and university aid.

The Post-9/11 GI Bill

For veterans who have served honorably for more than 90 days on active duty after September 10th, 2001, the Post-9/11 GI Bill may provide tuition and housing allowance while pursuing your educational goals.

Learn More

The Montgomery GI Bill (MGIB)

If the monthly housing allowance through the GI Bill is low where your CSU campus is located, it may make more sense to sign up for the MGIB instead. Make sure to discuss this with your veterans services representative. You may need to apply for federal, state, or institutional (university) financial aid.

Learn More

Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment (VR&E)

Are you close to exhausting your GI Bill educational resources? Do you have a rated disability with Veterans Administration of more than 20 percent? If so, you may want to consider applying for VR&E. Be sure to do so before you exhaust your GI Bill benefits.

Learn More

Note: If you can conserve your GI Bill educational resources by using other federal, state and university aid, you may have enough financial resources to attain a graduate (master's) degree. Always apply for federal, state and university financial aid.