Educational Benefits for Dependents of Veterans

If you are the spouse or son or daughter (whether natural or adopted) of someone who served honorably in any branch of the U.S. Armed Forces, you may be eligible for these options to help pay for your education at the CSU.

CalVet Fee Waiver

The College Tuition Fee Waiver for the Dependents of Veterans -- sometimes called the CalVet Fee Waiver --  is a state benefit that provides a tuition-free education at the CSU and the other state public post-secondary colleges and universities.

Transfer of Eligibility for Post-9/11 GI Bill Benefits

Eligible servicemembers can transfer all or some of their unused benefits to their spouse or dependent children.

Learn About Benefit Transfer

Dependents Education Assistance

This Veterans Affairs program offers education and training opportunities to eligible dependents of disabled or deceased veterans.

See What the Program Includes 

Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship

This scholarship provides benefits to children and spouses of servicemembers who died in the line of duty after September 10, 2001.

Learn About the Scholarship

My Career Advancement Account (MyCAA)

This career development and employment assistance program provides education and training benefits to military spouses. 

Explore the MyCAA Program

Dependents of veterans can also apply for federal, state and university financial aid.