Whistleblower and Whistleblower Retaliation


Protected Disclosures

Any employee of the CSU or third party may report what that person reasonably believes is an improper governmental activity or condition that significantly threatens the health or safety of CSU employees or visitors.

Such reports may be made to the Equal Opportunity/Whistleblower Compliance Unit at the Chancellor’s Office or to the person on each campus that is designated to receive such reports. No form is required but the reporter is encouraged to include as much supporting evidence of the improper governmental activity or the health or safety condition as possible. Retaliation for making a whistleblower report is prohibited by federal and state law and by CSU policy.

Related Links: 
EO 1115 Complaint Procedures for Protected Disclosure of Improper Governmental Activities and/or Significant Threats to Health or Safety.

*To access the complaint form, please open Attachment A of EO 1115, linked above.

​​Questions? Select a campus from the list below to email a representative.

Whistleblower Administrators

Whistleblower Retaliation

Retaliation Protection

Employees, former employees or applicants for employment with the CSU may file a complaint of retaliation for having made a protected disclosure/report of improper governmental activity or condition that poses a significant threat to health and safety. Complaints of retaliation must be filed with the person on campus designated to receive such complaints.

Related Links: 
EO 1116 Complaint Procedure for Allegations of Retaliation for Having Made a Protected Disclosure under the California Whistleblower Protection Act 

*To access the complaint form, please open Attachment A of EO 1116, linked above.

Additional Resources: 
Whistleblower complaints or whistleblower retaliation complaints may also be filed with the following agencies:

California State Auditor at:
California State Auditor
P.O. Box 1019
Sacramento, CA 95812

(800) 952-5665

California Attorney General Whistleblower Hotline: (800) 952-5225