Follow the links in the subject areas below for helpful information pertaining to the GI Bill, veterans education, and financial aid.
Educational and Vocational Resources
- The USDVA Vocational Rehabilitation website provides vocational-educational counseling to veterans and certain dependents.
- Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOC) is dedicated to helping servicemembers and their families get college degrees.
Scholarships and Financial Aid
- The Federal Pell Grant Program provides need-based grants, which do not have to be repaid, to low-income undergraduate and certain postbaccalaureate students to promote access to postsecondary education
- Visit the Department of Education’s Financial Aid Web site to explore options for paying for college.
- Military.com offers free resources to servicemembers, veterans and dependents, including a Military-Friendly School Finder, Veteran Job Board, Transition Assistance, Buddy Finder, Benefits Updates, and more.
- Seamless Transition Home offers employment, medical, and educational advice to service members returning from Operations Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom.
- The California Department of Veterans Affairs website contains information on statewide veterans services and benefits.
- The California Association of County Veterans Service Officers promotes state and federal legislation and policy supportive of veterans.