Teaching and Learning in the CSU
The Institute for Teaching and Learning designs and supports programs for the scholarly and creative study of curricular and pedagogical issues. Thematic emphases include, but are not limited to, enhancements in
- course design
- teaching and learning strategies
- classroom assessment practices
- student learning climate
Under the guidance of a systemwide advisory board, the ITL develops connections and shares successful practices among the CSU campuses, often through campus faculty development directors, in order to stimulate interest and engagement towards increasing student learning, growth, and success in the university.
- Assessment of Student Learning
- Cooperative/Collaborative Learning
- CSU Faculty Life: Scholarly Teaching
- CSU Academic Senate Principles and Policies for Faculty (.pdf)
- Digital Writing Across the Curriculum
- High-Impact Practices
- The Association of American Colleges and Universities promotes the LEAP initiative for liberal education and provides VALUE rubrics for assessing learning in undergraduate education.
- Michigan State University offers online instructional resources, both general and discipline-specific
- Universal Design for Learning: a Faculty Guide