The California State University offers a wide variety of benefits programs and resources to its employees. From our health plans and continuing education opportunities to our flexible spending accounts, income protection, survivor protection, leave programs and competitive retirement/savings plans, the CSU offers benefits that matter to you at each stage of your career.
Prospective employees can obtain a listing of benefits below. Benefit basics by employee category can be found in the Benefits Summaries. Current Chancellor’s Office employees can visit CSYou Benefits link for more detailed benefit information.
HEALTH CARE BENEFITS
Employees have medical, dental, and vision plans from which to choose coverage. They may cover themselves, their eligible spouse or registered domestic partner, and eligible dependent children.
FLEXIBLE BENEFITS PLANS
- FlexCash — for employees who waive CSU medical and/or dental coverage
- Health Care Reimbursement Account (HCRA) Plan
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Account (DCRA) Plan
- Pre-Tax Parking Deduction Plan
CalPERS Retirement Plan - CalPERS is a defined benefits plan, which provides a retirement benefit based on the employee’s applicable retirement formula, age at retirement, years of service credit, and compensation.
Part-Time, Seasonal, and Temporary (PST) Retirement Plan - Employees who are not eligible for CalPERS retirement are required to participate in the PST Plan administered by CalHR in lieu of Social Security.
VOLUNTARY RETIREMENT SAVINGS PLANS
- The CSU 403(b) Tax Sheltered Annuity (TSA) Plan
- The State Savings Plus 401(k) Thrift Plan
- The State Savings Plus 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- CalPERS Supplemental Contribution Program
INCOME PROTECTION BENEFITS
- Non-Industrial Disability Insurance (NDI)
- Industrial Disability Leave (IDL)
- Workers’ Compensation
- Long-Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
PAID LEAVE PROGRAMS
- Sick Leave
- Funeral Leave
- Catastrophic Leave
- Parental Leave
- Organ Donor Leave Program
- Jury Duty
SURVIVOR PROTECTION BENEFITS
- Employer Paid Life Insurance Benefits
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- CalPERS Pre-Retirement Death Benefits
ADDITIONAL CSU BENEFITS
- Fee Waiver/Dependent Fee Waiver Program
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Legal Plan
- Home and Automobile Insurance
- Medex Travel Assist Program
- Life Services Toolkit
- Credit Union
RETIREE BENEFITS — Medical/Dental and Vision coverage available for employees who retire with CalPERS within 120 days of separation.
COMPARE BENEFITS BY EMPLOYEE CATEGORY OR PLAN
Disclaimer: These pages contain general summaries of the
benefits for CO employees. If there is a conflict between anything stated on these
pages and a plan document (insurance policy/contract, summary plan description,
collective bargaining agreement, HR letter, etc.), the plan document governs.
Dim strFileName, strFileNameCalendar, objFile, objFileSystemObject
Dim dtmLastModified, dtmLastModifiedDate, dtmLastModifiedTime
strFileName = Request.ServerVariables("SCRIPT_NAME")
strFileName = Replace(strFileName, "/", "\")
strFileName = Server.MapPath(strFileName)
Set objFileSystemObject = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set objFile = objFileSystemObject.GetFile(strFileName)
dtmLastModified = objFile.DateLastModified
Set objFile = Nothing
Set objFileSystemObject = Nothing
dtmLastModifiedDate = FormatDateTime(dtmLastModified, 1)
dtmLastModifiedTime = FormatDateTime(dtmLastModified, 3)
Select Case Month(dtmLastModified)
sLastModifiedMonth = "January"
sLastModifiedMonth = "February"
sLastModifiedMonth = "March"
sLastModifiedMonth = "April"
sLastModifiedMonth = "May"
sLastModifiedMonth = "June"
sLastModifiedMonth = "July"
sLastModifiedMonth = "August"
sLastModifiedMonth = "September"
sLastModifiedMonth = "October"
sLastModifiedMonth = "November"
sLastModifiedMonth = "December"
Response.Write sLastModifiedMonth & " " & Day(dtmLastModified) & ", " & Year(dtmLastModified)