Fee Related Laws and Policy
Fee Specific References
- Education Code - Check the education code box, and enter the number in the search field.
- Title 5 - Choose Title 5, Chapter 1, then the applicable subchapters.
- Executive Order 1054 - CSU Student Fee Policy
- 1993 CSU Board of Trustees - State University Fee Policy (.pdf)
- CSU Residency Policy (.pdf)
Fee Specific References by Category
The CSU makes every effort to keep student costs to a minimum. Fees listed in published schedules or student accounts may need to be increased when public funding is inadequate. Therefore, CSU must reserve the right, even after fees are initially charged or initial fee payments are made, to increase or modify any listed fees. All listed fees, other than mandatory systemwide fees, are subject to change without notice, until the date when instruction for a particular semester or quarter has begun. All CSU listed fees should be regarded as estimates that are subject to change upon approval by the Board of Trustees, the Chancellor, or the Presidents, as appropriate. Changes in mandatory systemwide fees will be made in accordance with the requirements of the Working Families Student Fee Transparency and Accountability Act (Sections 66028 - 66028.6 of the Education Code).