Philanthropic Support 2011-12
Private support is crucial to the success of the CSU. Our students and programs continue to inspire generosity from forward-thinking individuals and organizations who invest in the CSU mission. Their support opens access to a broad and diverse student population, builds technologically advanced libraries and classrooms, and supports innovative teaching models and partnerships.
- Donors committed more than $297 million in new gifts, new pledges and testamentary provisions.
- Gifts from individuals increased 8 percent to $107 million.
- Individual donors totaled 224,194.
- Alumni donors made up 33 percent of individual donors and contributed $40 million.
- Gifts from organizations totaled $133 million, including $70 million from foundations.
- Contributions from corporations totaled $52 million, including 3,234 matching gifts.
- Total endowment market value remained above the $1 billion mark for the second year in a row.