News & Events
This web page will contain upcoming events organized by faculty and staff from the 23 California State University campuses who are involved in water-related work. Please email Kathleen Firstenberg to add a link to any of your upcoming event that you would like to include on this page.
- Proposition 1, the Water Bond, provides over $7.5 billion for managing water supplies, protecting and restoring wetlands, improving water quality, and increasing flood protection. WRPI staff has analyzed Prop. 1 and has identified potential sources of funding for the CSUs. We are hosting a series of webinars on what we've learned and are excited to share it with you.
The webinars will be scheduled periodically in March and April, with the first ones scheduled for:
- Thursday, March 19: 10 - 11 a.m.
- Friday, March 20: 11 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Friday, March 20: 1 - 2 p.m.
- Monday, March 23: 10-11am
- Wednesday, March 25: 11am-12pm
Additional dates will be sent out soon. Please RSVP to email@example.com for the webinar logistics. Please remember to mention which webinar you are attending.
COAST-WRPI Student-Faculty Research Poster Reception
The CSU Council on Ocean Affairs, Science & Technology (COAST) and Water Resources and Policy Initiatives (WRPI) co-hosted a Student-Faculty Research Poster Reception at the Chancellor's Office on March 24, 2015. Faculty mentors and student researchers from each of the 23 CSU campuses were present to discuss their marine, coastal and freshwater research as it relates to climate change, environmental quality, resource management and policy development.
- At Water Technology Summit, Innovation Trumps all in Battle Against California Drought
- Three Ways the CSU is Saving Water During Drought
- Turn off the Spigot
- Important materials from ACWA on the Water Bond and Statewide Water Action Plan
- "Duh-rrrripp. Duh-rrrripp. Grow. Grow. Irrigation innovations conserve water, but need infrastructure, delivery systems to evolve" Blog post.
- Partnerships with the water industry and government agencies
- Education, training and professional capacity building
- Technology and economic development