CSU Veterans in the News
- Four CSU Student/ Veterans Receive CSU Awards for Outstanding Achievements
Each year twenty-three scholarships are award on behalf of the CSU Trustees to outstanding achievements in their academic and life pursuits. In 2013, four of the twenty-three highest awards were won by CSU student veterans. See the Bakersfield, East Bay, Fullerton and San Diego sections below for details.
- Three CSU Campuses Listed Among 100 Most Veteran Friendly Campuses in America
CSU Chico, CSU San Marcos and San Diego State University were found to be among the “Best of the Best” by the staff of U.S. Veterans Magazine. Read more »
CSU East Bay
- David Fuller (USMC, Infantry, with service on the Presidental Security Detail) is an AT&T Scholar and is working to complete a master's degree in social work with a concentration in community mental health.
CSU Channel Islands
CSU Long Beach
CSU Los Angeles
CSU Monterey Bay
CSU San Bernardino
- 09/27/2013 – CSU San Bernardino will be celebrating the Air Force’s 66th birthday. Event highlights include a flyover of the campus by T-34 aircraft at 1:45 p.m. on the Pfau Library Lawn by the flag poles. USAF Col. Paul Green, an orphan who became a Tuskegee airman and base commander, will also be on campus to tell his inspiring story at 2:05 p.m. in the Recital Hall of the Theater Arts Building.
CSU San Marcos
San Diego State University
Sonoma State University
- CSU Stanislaus Receives a Swords into Plowshares Grant for the University’s Women Warrior Program
The university veterans center at CSU Stanislaus will be expanded to accommodate the Women Warrior Project, which addresses the issues of women veterans. The program has a special focus on wellness for the female veterans in the six-county CSU Stanislaus service area. A Women Warrior Wellness conference is scheduled for February 20, 2014.
Dr. Jennifer Grigoriou is the Women Warrior Program Director.