- Artists residency program lives on thanks to grant. The Andy Warhol Foundation awarded the downtown Santa Ana center $100,000 to support its artist-in-residence program. Cal State Fullerton invites a few artists each year to live and work at the center for a period of time.
- CSUN Film Program Awarded $50,000 from Hollywood Foreign Press. California State University, Northridge’s acclaimed film program was awarded $50,000 to support student film projects earlier this month by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association at its annual star-studded grants banquet.
- Collaborative Research Leads to CSU Science Success. CSU faculty members continue to make waves in the science community as five CSU researchers have won a prestigious grant of nearly $900,000 from the National Science Foundation to conduct collaborative research on ocean acidification and hypoxia
- Fresno State raises most money since recession. In its biggest fund-raising year since the beginning of the economic downturn, Fresno State brought in more than $43 million for scholarships, research, lab space and other projects last fiscal year.
- Chico State ag alumnus helps promote university. A California State University-Chico graduate with a degree in animal science, Sarah DeForest is helping the university gain funding and students as the College of Agriculture’s advancement director.
- CSUB to celebrate largest corporate donation. Cal State Bakersfield revealed Wednesday that the more than $2 million it received from Chevron Corp. energy donations last year comprised the largest yearly contribution from a corporate donor in the university’s history.
- SDSU celebrates renovated complex. The new, 435-seat Charles Hostler Hall is reserved for classes, programs and events, and is named for the retired Air Force colonel and former ambassador to Bahrain who recently gave $3 million to support global studies at SDSU.
- $20M gift to SDSU is school’s largest. Philanthropist Conrad Prebys on Wednesday announced that he’s giving $20 million to San Diego State University to create endowed scholarships that will support about 150 students annually.
- Alumnus Jack McGrory continues his support of The Campaign for SDSU. San Diego State University has even more to be thankful for this holiday season — alumnus Jack McGrory has donated $1.2 million to The Campaign for SDSU, bringing the campaign to $435 million of its $500 million goal.
- Aztec Athletics receives $1.1 M from Jeff Jacobs. Jeff Jacobs, former Qualcomm executive and now Vice Chairman of the NBA Sacramento Kings and owner of the Rancho Valencia Resort and Spa, has made a $1.1 million gift to San Diego State University Athletics in support of the Aztec Basketball Performance Center and student-athlete scholarships.
- CSU Receives $1.5 Million Grant from the James Irvine Foundation. The California State University Foundation was announced as the recipient of a $1.5 million grant to prepare educators who are proficient in Linked Learning and provide seamless Linked Learning pathways to bachelor's degrees in high demand fields such as engineering and health sciences.
- Fresno State president Castro aids in fundraising, discusses athletics vision. President Castro is hoping that the excitement surrounding the Fresno State football team not only will help raise Fresno State's profile nationally but also within the community, and that the euphoria will help achieve his primary goal to increase fundraising across campus.
- CSUSB Palm Desert Campus Receives $250,000. The H.N. and Frances C. Berger Foundation surprised a crowd of California State University, San Bernardino supporters with the recent announcement of a new H.N. and Frances Berger Expendable Scholarship Fund for students enrolled at the CSUSB Palm Desert Campus.
- CSUF Unveils Branding Research Center. Cal State Fullerton launched the Center for Brand Values Communication and Research following an announcement stating a $75,000 funding gift from the nonprofit Crevier Family Foundation was received to kick-start the venture.
- CSU Channel Islands gets $100,000 gift. CSU Channel Islands has received a $100,000 gift from Union Bank that it will use primarily for scholarships and campus renovations.
- Cal Poly Now Has A New Wine Making Department. Cal Poly has a new department in the College Of Agriculture Food & Environmental Sciences and is now working on a 10 million dollar fundraising effort.
- CSUN Receives $50k Grant for Senior Film Projects. While celebrities like Nicole Kidman, Jonah Hill, Blair Underwood and alumna Eva Longoria looked on, California State University, Northridge was awarded a $50,000 grant from the Hollywood Foreign Press Association to support students working on their senior film projects.