- Schroeder Hall at Sonoma State’s Green Music Center to open in August. Sonoma State University on Thursday announced the grand opening weekend Aug. 23 and 24 of Schroeder Hall, a 250-seat recital hall that will present intimate concerts by guest artists, year-round music classes and concerts and special organ recitals on its 1,248-pipe Brombaugh Opus 9 organ.
- Cal Poly Pomona reaches record $160M goal for fundraising campaign. Cal Poly Pomona announced that it collected a record $160 million in donations, bequests and pledges in the culmination of a six-year fundraising campaign.
- Donors Help CSULB Offer Masters in Italian Studies Starting This Fall. California State University Long Beach students wishing to continue their studies in Italian can extend a major “grazie” to two donors who supplied the university with $100,000 in scholarship endowments for the new Master of Arts degree program set to start in the Fall.
- Fresno State to build agriculture research center. Fresno State University officials and donors break ground Friday on a 30,000-square-foot interdisciplinary research building where the university’s brightest minds will collaborate to solve the most pressing agricultural issues facing the region and the world.
- Fresno State breaks ground on ag, engineering research center. The building is being paid for with a multimillion-dollar donation from the Jordan family, the namesake of Fresno State’s Jordan College of Agricultural Sciences and Technology.
- CSUCI program fuses business, charity. Imagine making a donation to a charity that measures its success by returning every penny to the benefactor as quickly as possible.
- Matoian gifts $500K for Fresno State scholarships. Local businessman and Fresno State alumnus Mathias “Matty” Matoian has given $500,000 to the university to fund scholarships for business and nursing students.
- Donor Gives $2M to SDSU For Aztec Basketball Programs. An anonymous $2 million donation will go toward basketball practice facility at San Diego State University, the school announced.
- Cal State L.A. alumni go from radical activists to honored donors. Cal State Los Angeles alumni Charon D’Aiello Sandoval and David Sandoval were dedicated revolutionaries in the late ’60s. Recently, Cal State L.A.’s Student Services Center was named in their honor. The couple established a $350,000 permanent endowment to support student programs.
- Fresno State gets $200,000 donation for mental health center. A Fresno State mental health center that gives graduate students clinical counseling experience is getting a $200,000 donation from retired Fresno dentist Harry Moordigian.
- HSU receives $5.88 million biomass research grant. A group of researchers at Humboldt State University recently received a $5.88 million grant to research a better way to use a charcoal-like residue created when slash from timber harvesting is burned.
- McCaffrey Homes establishes scholarship at Fresno State. Fresno homebuilder McCaffrey Homes has donated $25,000 to Fresno State for use in scholarships that will help future planners create sustainable communities.
- Chico State ag alumnus helps promote university. A California State University-Chico graduate with a degree in animal science, Sarah DeForest is helping the university gain funding and students as the College of Agriculture’s advancement director.
- CSUB to celebrate largest corporate donation. Cal State Bakersfield revealed Wednesday that the more than $2 million it received from Chevron Corp. energy donations last year comprised the largest yearly contribution from a corporate donor in the university’s history.
- SDSU celebrates renovated complex. The new, 435-seat Charles Hostler Hall is reserved for classes, programs and events, and is named for the retired Air Force colonel and former ambassador to Bahrain who recently gave $3 million to support global studies at SDSU.
- $20M gift to SDSU is school’s largest. Philanthropist Conrad Prebys on Wednesday announced that he’s giving $20 million to San Diego State University to create endowed scholarships that will support about 150 students annually.
- SSU Wine Business Institute to get own building. The Wine Business Institute at Sonoma State University is set to get a 14,580-square-foot new home on campus, thanks to a $1 million gift from a local wine industry figure.
- Alumnus Jack McGrory continues his support of The Campaign for SDSU. San Diego State University has even more to be thankful for this holiday season — alumnus Jack McGrory has donated $1.2 million to The Campaign for SDSU, bringing the campaign to $435 million of its $500 million goal.
- Aztec Athletics receives $1.1 M from Jeff Jacobs. Jeff Jacobs, former Qualcomm executive and now Vice Chairman of the NBA Sacramento Kings and owner of the Rancho Valencia Resort and Spa, has made a $1.1 million gift to San Diego State University Athletics in support of the Aztec Basketball Performance Center and student-athlete scholarships.
- CSU Receives $1.5 Million Grant from the James Irvine Foundation. The California State University Foundation was announced as the recipient of a $1.5 million grant to prepare educators who are proficient in Linked Learning and provide seamless Linked Learning pathways to bachelor's degrees in high demand fields such as engineering and health sciences.
- Fresno State president Castro aids in fundraising, discusses athletics vision. President Castro is hoping that the excitement surrounding the Fresno State football team not only will help raise Fresno State's profile nationally but also within the community, and that the euphoria will help achieve his primary goal to increase fundraising across campus.
- CSUSB Palm Desert Campus Receives $250,000. The H.N. and Frances C. Berger Foundation surprised a crowd of California State University, San Bernardino supporters with the recent announcement of a new H.N. and Frances Berger Expendable Scholarship Fund for students enrolled at the CSUSB Palm Desert Campus.
- CSUF Unveils Branding Research Center. Cal State Fullerton launched the Center for Brand Values Communication and Research following an announcement stating a $75,000 funding gift from the nonprofit Crevier Family Foundation was received to kick-start the venture.
- CSU Channel Islands gets $100,000 gift. CSU Channel Islands has received a $100,000 gift from Union Bank that it will use primarily for scholarships and campus renovations.
- Cal Poly Now Has A New Wine Making Department. Cal Poly has a new department in the College Of Agriculture Food & Environmental Sciences and is now working on a 10 million dollar fundraising effort.
- CSUN Receives $50k Grant for Senior Film Projects. While celebrities like Nicole Kidman, Jonah Hill, Blair Underwood and alumna Eva Longoria looked on, California State University, Northridge was awarded a $50,000 grant from the Hollywood Foreign Press Association to support students working on their senior film projects.
- Fresno State alumnus leaves $5 million for scholarships. John W. Long, a Fresno State alumnus who led a quiet life in Southern California, has left his $5 million estate to the university to help fund scholarships.
- Generosity Supporting the CSU. In the past three years, the CSU has received more than $708 million in philanthropic support.
- San Jose State raises more than $200 million in fundraising campaign. Hitting its goal a year early, San Jose State raised nearly $209 million from private donors through its first major fundraising campaign, its president announced…