- Fresno State president Castro aids in fundraising, discusses athletics vision. President Castro is hoping that the excitement surrounding the Fresno State football team not only will help raise Fresno State's profile nationally but also within the community, and that the euphoria will help achieve his primary goal to increase fundraising across campus.
- CSUSB Palm Desert Campus Receives $250,000. The H.N. and Frances C. Berger Foundation surprised a crowd of California State University, San Bernardino supporters with the recent announcement of a new H.N. and Frances Berger Expendable Scholarship Fund for students enrolled at the CSUSB Palm Desert Campus.
- CSUF Unveils Branding Research Center. Cal State Fullerton launched the Center for Brand Values Communication and Research following an announcement stating a $75,000 funding gift from the nonprofit Crevier Family Foundation was received to kick-start the venture.
- CSU Channel Islands gets $100,000 gift. CSU Channel Islands has received a $100,000 gift from Union Bank that it will use primarily for scholarships and campus renovations.
- Cal Poly Now Has A New Wine Making Department. Cal Poly has a new department in the College Of Agriculture Food & Environmental Sciences and is now working on a 10 million dollar fundraising effort.
- CSUN Receives $50k Grant for Senior Film Projects. While celebrities like Nicole Kidman, Jonah Hill, Blair Underwood and alumna Eva Longoria looked on, California State University, Northridge was awarded a $50,000 grant from the Hollywood Foreign Press Association to support students working on their senior film projects.
Estate bequeaths $2M to Fresno State education school. With the estate of longtime Fresno State supporter Dr. Marion Kremen finalized, the university's Kremen School of Education and Human Development will receive $2 million in honor of her late husband and former Fresno State faculty member Benjamin Kremen for scholarships and other activities.
- $400 Million Raised for SDSU Success. The Campaign for SDSU, which has raised $400 Million, is transforming the campus and propelling students to success.
- California State University, Northridge has received a five-year, $1.5 million grant from the National Science Foundation (NSF) to spearhead a program designed to encourage undergraduate students from underrepresented communities throughout Southern California to pursue advanced degrees in the mathematical sciences.
- The planned gift from Professor Emeritus Henry Janssen will eventually add $1 million to the Honors College endowment, helping to transform the existing Honors Program into a college with increased enrollment and programs that benefit the entire university community.
- Pistachios will be given more attention at Fresno State thanks to a $1.5 million gift to establish a new faculty position at the university.
- College of Agriculture alumnus Marty Evanson has pledged $100,000 through a bequest to support an endowed scholarship for animal science students.
- Paul Jennings ’85 (Marketing), one of California State University, Northridge’s most illustrious and philanthropic graduates, has announced a $500,000 challenge grant for the CSUN College of Business and Economics.
A pioneer in electronic communication for the deaf has pledged a gift of more than $1 million to Fresno State, the university announced today.
Officials are set to announce a $1 million donation to Fresno State Vineyards, which is run by the university's Department of Viticulture and Enology from a donor who remains anonymous at this point.
CSU Stanislaus Receives $250K Grant to Fund Creation of the Keck Visual Anthropology Lab, made possible by a grant from the W.M. Keck Foundation.
With the help of a $4,600 grant from the American Association of University Women, CSUN has launched a project called "The Difference a Dollar Makes" to draw attention to the gender wage gap and come up with community-based solutions.