Transferring to the CSU

What's New!

For more information visit

a degree with a guarantee logo


Useful Links

transfer box footer


Search CSU Degree Programs

The California State University considers you an undergraduate transfer student if you have completed coursework at any community college, college or university in the first regular school term following your high school graduation. If you completed college units before high school graduation or during the summer between high school graduation and your first regular college term, you are considered a first-time freshman and need to meet the CSU's first-time freshman admission requirements.

There are a number of resources available to help you with your questions about transferring to a CSU:

  • Your advisor at your community college transfer center can help you determine if you meet the CSU's transfer admission requirements.
  • CSUMentor, a free online resource, provides information on the CSU's admission requirements, application fees, enrollment fees, testing, application dates and other commonly asked questions.
  • ASSIST, an online student-transfer information system, shows how your course credits earned at one public California college or university can be applied when transferring to another school.