The goal of the Emergency Web Services (EWS) project is to design and implement a web-browser based solution that will allow Public Information Officers/Public Affairs Directors at all CSU campuses to publish communications information for students, CSU employees/staff/faculty, media, and the general public in case of an emergency and the primary campus World Wide Web presence is unavailable. This solution must be easy to use, require little or no specialized client software and be accessible over any internet connection.
- Design and implement a web-browser based solution that will allow appropriate CSU authorized users the ability to create and maintain content for a communications website for each CSU campus that can be activated in case of an emergency.
- Activation of the website must be possible any time, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- After activation, users attempting to access the World Wide Web presence of an existing campus (e.g.: www.campus.edu) will be automatically redirected to the Emergency Communications Website.
- Provides an interface that users can manage content with a minimum of documentation and training.
- The implemented solution conforms to CSU technology standards.