Building Systems of Valid, Reliable Evidence for Improvement and Accountability in Teacher Education
The Center for Teacher Quality conducts evaluations and reports evidence to strengthen the outcomes and effectiveness of teacher preparation programs on 22 CSU campuses. Located on the campus of CSU Sacramento, the Center examines six interrelated outcomes that are summarized below. The Center's work is designed to provide a rich, detailed and accurate picture of program quality and effectiveness in the CSU.
- Outcome One: Teacher Preparation Exit Evaluation
- Outcome Two: Evaluation by First-Year and Third-Year Teachers
- Outcome Three: Evaluation by Employers and Supervisors
- Outcome Four: Assessment of Teaching Performance
- Outcome Five: Participation and Persistence in the Profession of Teaching
- Outcome Six: Outcomes of CSU Teacher Preparation for K-12 Students