Information Needed to File a Claim without using the CSU Claim Form
Claimants are not required to use the CSU Claim Form so long as they provide the following information:
- The name and address of the claimant
- The address to which the claimant desires notices be sent
- The date, place and other circumstances which gave rise to the claim asserted
- A general description of the loss incurred
- The name or names of the CSU employee or employees causing the loss, if known
- The amount claimed, including any estimated amount of prospective loss, together with the basis of computation for those amounts. If the amount claimed and/or the prospective loss is unknown, the claimant shall state whether those amounts are believed to exceed $25,000.
The claim shall be signed by the claimant or by some person on his/her behalf.
The claim must be filed with the Office of Risk Management & Public Safety within six (6) months after the incident or event occurred along with a $25 claim filing fee made out to "Trustees of CSU."
Completed claims must be delivered or mailed to:
The California State University - Office of the Chancellor
Risk Management and Public Safety
401 Golden Shore, 5th Floor
Long Beach, CA 90802-4210