Students Selection Criteria:
- High motivation
- Commitment to target language study for two consecutive summers and to the successful completion of the academic year individualized language study.
- Language skills equivalent to intermediate level (e.g. 2 years of university language study)
- Agreement to be assessed and interviewed by program SLI staff.
- Signing a Language Pledge
- Priority is given to current CSU students followed by those from California community colleges and Universities of California
Complete the application and send it and the required documents to the SLI Program Coordinator of the target language you wish to participate.
The application packet is due Spring.
The SLI Program application packet must include the following (incomplete applications will not be considered):
Completed Application Form including Statement of Purpose in English and Essay in the Target Language
A letter of reference and two other referees in support of your application
ARABIC: Dr. Dany Doueiri
Department of World Languages and Literatures
California State University, San Bernardino
San Bernardino, CA 92407