Scholarships and Financial Aid
Financial aid for your studies may be available. Administration of this type of aid is done by the university, not by the department. If you have questions, contact the financial aid office on campus:
Don B. Huntley PABS Master of Biotechnology (MBt) Scholarship
Through the generous support of Cal Poly Pomona Alumnus Don B. Huntley, we are pleased to be able to provide scholarship assistance to Cal Poly Pomona students that have been accepted into the Professional Applied Biotechnology Studies (PABS) Master of Biotechnology (MBt) degree program. Award funding is based on academic achievement and financial need. This scholarship is intended to be available to students until graduation from the PABS program, provided they continue to meet all scholarship criteria and guidelines. The Don B. Huntley Professional Applied Biotechnology Studies (PABS) Master of Biotechnology (MBt) Scholarship is given to ensure the recruitment and retention of the finest students and managers in Southern California that will have a long-range, positive impact on the biotechnology industry.
Applicants must meet the following standards:
- Minimum 3.0 GPA in science classes
- Demonstrated commitment to working in biotechnology, medical device or bioanalytics companies
- Limited to students with demonstrated financial need
- Registered at Cal Poly Pomona in the PABS program for a full-time course load throughout their enrollment in the program
- Students must be in good academic standing and be making progress toward their degree
Prospective scholarship recipients will be required to complete the PABS program application which will include two letters of recommendation, a statement about the student's previous research/internship experiences, a list of honors, publications, etc., and a personal statement addressing the student's academic goals and objectives.
A single award of $20,000 over two years.