- Waseda University: Enrollment at a CSU campus no later than fall term of the year prior to your participation in the IP program.
- Note: Waseda University regulations state that Japanese citizens may not participate in this program unless they graduated junior high and high school outside of Japan.
- University of Tsukuba: Enrollment at CSU campus no later than spring term prior to departure or eligibility to enter from a California community college by fall term of the program starts date.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 AND a minimum CSU campus GPA of 3.0. Both of these GPA requirements are mandatory at the time of the application deadline and must be maintained through the spring semester prior to participation in the IP program. Note: 3.0 is a minimum requirement. Students with higher GPA's will be given priority. It is especially important to have A's and B's in your major-specific coursework, as well as in your Japanese language courses.
- Upper-division standing by the end of spring term prior to departure.
- Graduate students are not eligible
- Completion of one term of college-level Japanese language study (additional study in Japanese language is highly recommended) and one course selected from the following topics: Japanese (or Asian) culture, history, politics, art, philosophy, or religion.
- A photocopy of your passport is due at OIP by March 1. If you do not have a passport we advise you apply for one now.