- Enrollments at a CSU campus not later than spring term prior to departure or eligibility to enter from a California community college by fall term of the program start date.
- A cumulative GPA for all college work of 3.00 at the time of the application deadline.
- Upper-division standing by the end of spring term prior to the departure date.
- One college-level course with a focus on contemporary Middle Eastern Studies (history, politics, geography, religion, humanities, social sciences).
- Students must be willing to study Hebrew or Arabic and to make the cultural adjustments necessary to live in Israel.