- Enrollments at a CSU campus no later than spring term prior to departure or eligibility to enter from a California community college by fall term of the program start date.
- A cumulative GPA of 2.75 for all higher education work by the application deadline. Students with a GPA below the stipulated level will be considered when special circumstances exist.
- Sophomore, upper-division or graduate standing by the end of spring term.1
- Language Prerequisite:
- Learn German Program : 1-3 semesters or 2-5 quarters of college-level German.2, 3
- Intermediate/Advanced Program : 4+ semesters or 6+ quarters of college-level German.2
- Music Program: One year of college-level German or equivalent.3
- Audition: Music students who wish to attend the Hochschule für Musik, Trossingen are required to submit an audition (CD/DVD or YouTube video, with YouTube being the preferred method) containing 2 recent recordings of at least 2 contrasting works. Composition students must submit 1 recent original score. These are due December 15 to OIP and will be evaluated by the Hochschule für Musik, Trossingen to determine admissions eligibility. YouTube auditions can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students initially recommended by IP must subsequently be accepted by the Hochschule für Musik, Trossingen. Decisions rely heavily on the audition submitted and therefore students are advised to submit a professional quality recording.
- Resume: In addition, Music students must also submit a resume to their CSU IP Coordinator by December 15. This is required by the Hochschule für Musik.
1 Students who have completed a minimum of 30 semester units or 45 quarter units by the end of the spring term prior to departure may participate with the understanding that the only institutional placement that will be open to them is the University of Tübingen.
2 Actual placement level will be determined in Tübingen after arrival.
3 Music students wanting to attend the Hochschule für Musik, Trossingen must complete 2 semesters or 3 quarters of college-level German prior to departure.