- Enrollment in fourth or final year of architectural studies at Cal Poly Pomona or Cal Poly San Luis Obispo by the end of spring term prior to departure.
- A cumulative GPA of 2.75 for all college-level work by the application deadline.
- Favorable recommendation by the architecture faculty at your home campus.
- Language Requirements:
- Chile: Completion of at least two years of college-level Spanish with a "B" average. Additional upper division coursework in Spanish is highly desirable.
- Denmark: None
- Germany: Two years of college-level German or equivalent. (Students with fewer than two years may participate in the "Learn German" program during the fall and may then qualify to take architecture courses in the spring.)
- Italy: Some Italian strongly recommended.
- Mexico: Two years of college-level Spanish or equivalent. (Students with fewer than two years may participate in the "Learn Spanish" program during the fall and may then qualify to take architecture courses in the spring.)
Note: Completion of "recommended" courses before departure will give you a better chance of selection in a competitive situation, as well as better prepare you for the academic program at your host university. In addition, the more background you have in a subject area, the better chances you will have of getting into more advanced courses overseas. Try to take as many "recommended" courses as you can prior to departure.