--INACTIVE HISTORICAL POLICY--
Section: GENERAL ACCOUNTING
|Section 3000 Policies|
Policy Number: 3101.01
Policy Title: Centralized Management of Cash and Investments
Policy Effective Date: April 1, 2011
Last Revision Date:
(see revision history)
It is the policy of the CSU that, unless otherwise authorized by executive order, decisions regarding the administration and management of all CSU cash and investments shall be the responsibility of the Executive Vice Chancellor/Chief Financial Officer (EVC/CFO) of the CSU or his/her delegates.
The EVC/CFO shall develop and publish CSU-wide cash management policies and procedures and provide general coordination and guidance to Campuses.
The EVC/CFO or his/her delegates shall have authority to:
- Select the commercial and custodial banks, into which funds of the CSU are deposited and from which such funds are disbursed.
- Designate the name of the CSU to all bank accounts and assume direct ownership of such bank accounts in order to make withdrawals from or close such accounts.
- Designate representatives of the CSU who may sign checks or other orders for the payment of money, including Electronic Transfers of Funds (EFT), Credit/ Debit cards, wire and ACH transfers, and approve the use of instructions to banks to honor facsimile signatures.
- Make arrangements for internet payment services, lockboxes, electronic transfers of funds, escrow services, credit/debit card and other services to facilitate the collection or disbursement of funds.
- Open, make amendments to, and close CSU bank accounts.
Benjamin F. Quillian
Executive Vice-Chancellor/Chief Financial Officer
Approved: February 4, 2011
APPLICABILITY AND AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
RESOURCES AND REFERENCE MATERIALS
Sound Business Practices:
Laws, State Codes, Regulations and Mandates:
COGNIZANT OFFICE(S)CO Manager:
Mr. Sean Boylan
Cash Management Operations Officer, Resource Management Office
CSU Office of the Chancellor
Ms. Gay Kvilhaug
Ms. Maribeth Bradberry
Ms. Nancy Suarez
Director, Student Financial Services
Ms. Jan Burnham
Student Financial Services
Ms. Gina Curry
Director & University Bursar
Ms. Cora Wong
Director, Student Financial Operations
Ms. Caryl Vickers-Harper
Assistant Director & University Cashier
Students Accounts Receivable (SAR)