The Chancellor's Office offers employees an employee assistance program (EAP), which provides free, confidential counseling and referral services. LifeMatters is a free CO-sponsored benefit for Chancellor's Office employees. Eligible employees and any members of their household, including dependents living away from home, have 24-hour access to confidential services that support emotional well-being, safety and productivity in the workplace.
- short-term counseling - receive up to eight (8) sessions, for each problem.
- work/life resources for child and elder care information to assist with care options, financial concerns, and legal issues.
- financial consultation referral with a certified financial counselor for budgeting, credit report review or correction, mortgage and loan information, debt management and consolidation, college or retirement planning.
- legal consultation with an attorney for consumer law, traffic citations, family law, estate planning and other personal law issues
- professional development information.
- convenience resources for volunteer opportunities and pet care.
- critical incident stress management.
- skills coaching for adjusting to change, stress reduction, resiliency, time management, assertiveness, conflict management, goal strategies, creativity, tact and responsiveness, communication and more.
- healthy living services promoting health and wellness through a six (6) week telephonic Tobacco Cessation Program or a Baby Welcome Program for expectant mothers to receive a voucher for a free diaper bag and sample newborn products.
- online self-assessments for adaptation to change, alcohol and drug abuse, anxiety, depression, eating disorders, gambling, nicotine addiction, obsessive-compulsive behavior, post-traumatic stress disorder, relationships and stress.