Eligible employees have the option to enroll in several types of voluntary insurance and benefit programs. These plans are entirely employee paid:
Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Accidental death & dismemberment plan, offered by The Standard, pays a benefit to the employee or his/her selected beneficiary in the event of death due to an accident or dismemberment at a benefit level selected by the employee.
- Offered to all regular benefits eligible Chancellorís Office employees. Coverage for eligible dependents available at an additional cost.
For more information go to http://www.standard.com/mybenefits/csu or contact The Standard customer service at 1-800-378-5745. To apply, make changes, or review benefits log in at http://www.standard.com/enroll.
Auto and Home Insurance
- Auto and Home Insurance is offered to all Chancellorís Office employees, excluding Rehired Annuitants and Students, at a discounted rate through California Casualty. Coverage for eligible dependents available at an additional cost.
- Participants in the plan are provided with a free identity theft benefit known as ID Defense.
- All policies are written for a 12-month period.
For more information or to apply, contact California Casualty customer service at 1-866-680-5142 or go to http://www.calcas.com/csu.
Group Critical Illness Plan
- Group critical illness plan, offered by Aflac, provides a lump-sum payment to cover out-of-pocket medical expenses and costs associated with life-changes following the diagnosis of a covered critical illness.
- Offered to all Chancellorís Office employees, excluding Rehired Annuitants, Special Consultants, Hourly Intermittent employees and Students. Coverage is available for eligible dependents.
- Employee must be covered under a comprehensive health insurance plan or a Health Maintenance Organization (HMO).
For more information or to apply, contact Aflac at 1-877-801-7931 or go to http://www.aflac.com/csu/. To file a claim or for customer service call 1-800-433-3036.
CalPERS Long Term Care Plan (The CalPERS Long Term Care Plan is not currently accepting new applications.)
- Long-term care plans cover certain services provided in a setting other than an acute care unit of a hospital, such as a nursing home, residential care facility, adult day care center or in the home, according to the plan selected.
- A person requires long-term care when he or she needs help with two or more of the six Activities of Daily Living (ADLs): bathing, dressing, toileting, transferring (moving in and out of a bed, chair or wheelchair), eating or continence.
- Three plans to choose from: (a) comprehensive, (b) facilities only, and (c) partnership.
- Offered to all CalPERS employees, spouses, parents, parents-in-law and siblings (age 18 and older).
- Program details are outlined in these brochures.
- Contact the CalPERS Long-Term Care Program at 1-800-982-1775.
Voluntary Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Voluntary Long Term Disability plan, offered by The Standard, provides loss of income protection (up to 60%) due to a qualified disability.
- All regular benefits eligible Chancellorís Office employees who are not currently provided with the CSU-paid LTD plan may apply.
- Two plans are offered, one with a 30-day and one with a 90-day waiting period.
For more information go to http://www.standard.com/mybenefits/csu or contact The Standard customer service at 1-800-378-5745. To apply, make changes, or review benefits log in at www.standard.com/enroll.
MetLawģ Legal Plan
- MetLawģ plan, offered by MetLife, covers representation for many personal legal services for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Offered to Chancellorís Office employees, excluding Rehired Annuitants, Special Consultants, Hourly Intermittent employees and Students. Eligible dependents are covered at no additional cost.
- Members are required to remain in the plan for a full benefit plan year.
- Covered legal services performed by a Network attorney are fully paid for by the plan. Out-of-Network attorney fees for covered services are reimbursed based on a set fee schedule.
For more information or to apply, contact MetLife customer service at 1-800-438-6388 or go to https://mybenefits.metlife.com/MyBenefits/public/ssi/cookieTest.do.