Parental leave is a paid leave of up to 30 work days in a calendar year for the birth of an employee's child or the placement of a child with the employee through
adoption or foster care.
- Parental leave is in addition to available sick and vacation.
- The scheduling of leave may be modified with mutual consent of the supervisor and employee.
- Leave runs concurrently with any other related leave to which an employee is entitled.
- Leave must commence within 60 days of the child's arrival.
- Days to be taken consecutively, unless mutually agreed to and pre-approved in writing by the employee and the appropriate administrator(s).
For CSUEU and SETC Employees
- Leave to care for a newborn child or for the adoption or foster care placement of a child in the employee’s home up to his/her sixth (6th) birthday.
- 5 days of non-consecutive paid time may be approved by the supervisor for the
purpose of handling issues related to the placement of a child, age 6 through 18
years, through adoption or foster care. The days must be taken, only in full day
increments, within 1 year from the date of placement of the child.
- Non-Represented Employees (MPP, Confidential, Executive)
- CSUEU Represented Employees(Units 7 and 9)
- SETC Represented Employees (Unit 6)
Note: Where there is a conflict with the collective bargaining agreement and the above summary, the collective bargaining agreement prevails.