Long Term Disability Insurance (LTD)
Eligible MPP and executive employees are covered under a long-term disability
(LTD) plan through Standard Insurance Company, which continues the income for employees
who qualify while they are disabled.
- Benefits are payable after the employee has been continuously disabled for
the entire waiting period (180 days).
- For the first 24 months, to qualify for benefits the employee must be
disabled from performing the material duties of his or her occupation.
- After 24 months, benefits are payable only if the employee is disabled from
performing the material duties of any occupation for which he or she is reasonably
fitted by education, training and experience.
- MPP and executive employees - pays 66 2/3 percent of an employee's pre-disability earnings
(reduced by other income the employee is eligible to receive because of disability,
and subject to a maximum benefit of $10,000 per month).
- The CSU pays the entire premium for this insurance.
December 21, 2011