Employees are eligible to receive catastrophic leave donations due to their own catastrophic illness or injury or that of an immediate family member.
Immediate family member includes:
- The employee's spouse or domestic partner;
- The employee's, spouse's or domestic partner's father, mother, sister,
brother, grandparent, great-grandparent, child (including foster, adopted and
step child), grandchild;
- The employee's son-in-law, daugther-in-law; and
- A relative of the employee, spouse or domestic partner who is living in
the immediate household of the employee.
To Receive Catastrophic Leave Credits
To Donate Catastrophic Leave Credits
- Fill out a Catastrophic
Leave Request Form (.doc).
- Have HR Services approve the request form.
- You must have exhausted all accrued leave credits (sick leave, vacation,
compensatory time off, etc.) due to a catastrophic illness or injury that has
incapacitated you from work.
- A doctor's note must accompany the request form and indicate any special
circumstances that cause the illness or injury to be catastrophic. (Not all
illnesses or injuries that disable an employee from working qualify as catastrophic.)
- The total donated leave credits you may receive cannot exceed three
calendar months from the first day of catastrophic leave.
- In exceptional cases, an additional three calendar month period may be approved.
- Complete the applicable Catastrophic Leave Donation form and return to Payroll Services:
- You may donate up to 40 hours of your accrued vacation or sick leave credits per fiscal year.
- Donated leave credits may not necessarily be deducted in the same calendar or fiscal year
that the form is signed.
- Leave credits are transferred in the order pledged on the Catastrophic Donation Form
and are not deemed donated until transferred by Payroll to the recipient.
- All CO Employees
- Non-Represented Employees (MPP, Confidential, Executive)
- CSUEU Represented Employees (Units 7 and 9)
- SETC Represented Employees (Unit 6)
Note: Where there is a conflict with the collective bargaining agreement and the
above summary, the collective bargaining agreement prevails.
Dim strFileName, strFileNameCalendar, objFile, objFileSystemObject
Dim dtmLastModified, dtmLastModifiedDate, dtmLastModifiedTime
strFileName = Request.ServerVariables("SCRIPT_NAME")
strFileName = Replace(strFileName, "/", "\")
strFileName = Server.MapPath(strFileName)
Set objFileSystemObject = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set objFile = objFileSystemObject.GetFile(strFileName)
dtmLastModified = objFile.DateLastModified
Set objFile = Nothing
Set objFileSystemObject = Nothing
dtmLastModifiedDate = FormatDateTime(dtmLastModified, 1)
dtmLastModifiedTime = FormatDateTime(dtmLastModified, 3)
Select Case Month(dtmLastModified)
sLastModifiedMonth = "January"
sLastModifiedMonth = "February"
sLastModifiedMonth = "March"
sLastModifiedMonth = "April"
sLastModifiedMonth = "May"
sLastModifiedMonth = "June"
sLastModifiedMonth = "July"
sLastModifiedMonth = "August"
sLastModifiedMonth = "September"
sLastModifiedMonth = "October"
sLastModifiedMonth = "November"
sLastModifiedMonth = "December"
Response.Write sLastModifiedMonth & " " & Day(dtmLastModified) & ", " & Year(dtmLastModified)