Employees are eligible for five days of bereavement leave with pay for each death of an immediate family member or significantly close relative.
Immediate family member and significantly close relative includes:
- the employee's spouse or domestic partner;
- the employee's, spouse's or domestic partner's parent, grandparent, great-grandparent, sibling, child or grandchild (including foster, adopted and step);
- the employee's son-in-law, daughter-in-law;
- a person living in the immediate household of the employee, except domestic employees, roomers, boarders, and/or roommates.
CSUEU employees may request in writing subject to approval by the appropriate administrator to extend their bereavement leave by using accrued sick leave.
SETC employees, upon reasonable advance request to the appropriate administrator, shall be granted up to forty (40) hours of accrued sick leave for each death in the immediate family.
Non-represented employees may use up to five (5) days of sick leave when authorized by the appointing authority for each death of a person related by blood, adoption, or marriage, or any person residing in the employee's household.
- All CO Employees
- CSUEU Represented Employees (Units 7 and 9)
- SETC Represented Employees (Unit 6)