Health Care Reimbursement Account (HCRA)
This voluntary benefit plan offers eligible employees the ability to pay
for eligible out-of-pocket health care expenses with pre-tax dollars:
- Employee may contribute between $20 to $208.33 each month ($2,500 maximum
per year) to personal account.
- Contributions are deducted from pay before federal, state and Social Security
- Enrolled employees can file a claim for reimbursement online (https://my.asiflex.com/) with the ASI-assigned user ID and password, or by completing a Claim Form (.pdf), and attaching an itemized bill for health care expenses.
- In addition to the claims reimbursement processes outlined above, enrolled employees also have the option of requesting an
FSA Debit Master Card (.pdf), also called the "FSA Benny Card." The Card eliminates most out-of-pocket expenses and claims paperwork (exceptions apply).
- Expenses eligible to be reimbursed must be:
- medically necessary,
- incurred by an employee, employee's spouse, or eligible dependents
(including domestic partner), and
- not covered by the employee's own or another insurance plan.
- Refer to
CSU HCRA Brochure (.pdf) for a list of reimbursable and non-reimbursable expenses.
- The CSU provides a 2 1/2 month grace period for employees enrolled in HCRA through December 31st. If an employee has a balance as of December 31st, the grace period allows them to be reimbursed for eligible expenses incurred through March 15th of the following year.
- Employees must submit claims no later than June 30th of the following year after the current plan year ends. After this date, any funds remaining in the employee’s account will be forfeited.
February 18, 2013