Employees who are eligible for medical/dental insurance and have
other non-CSU coverage can elect to waive CSU coverage in exchange for a
monthly cash payment:
Employee Flex Cash Basics
- Medical and dental: $140
- Medical only: $128
- Dental only: $12
For detailed information, refer to the CSU FlexCash pamphlet from the Benefits Office.
- Must certify that they have alternative non-CSU medical and/or dental
- Provide proof of other non-CSU coverage.
- Not eligible to participate if covered as the dependent of another CSU
- Flex Cash payment is treated as taxable income and is subject to payroll
- Eligible employees have 60 calendar days commencing with their
appointment date to enroll in the FlexCash plan.
FlexCash and TAPP Brochure » (.pdf)
February 3, 2014