Government Enforcement Agencies for Whistleblowers
CSU employees and applicants for CSU employment may "blow the whistle" to the following government agencies:
California Bureau of State Audits (BSA)
The California Bureau of State Audits (BSA) investigates violations of law, economically wasteful activities, and gross misconduct, incompetency, or inefficiency by a state employee or state agency.
An individual can file a complaint with BSA by calling the California Whistleblower Hotline at (800) 952-5665, faxing a complaint to (916) 322-2603, filing a complaint online, or mailing a complaint to Attention: Investigations, Bureau of State Audits, 555 Capitol Mall, Suite 300, Sacramento, CA 95814.
- California Bureau of State Audits (BSA)
- BSA: How To File A Complaint
- BSA Whistleblower Complaint Form (Form ADM-105) PDF
- Email and Posting Requirements - Government Code Section 8548 et seq.
California State Attorney General
Employees may also call the Attorney General's confidential hotline at (916) 322-3360 or (800) 952-5225 to report improper activities.
- Office of the California Attorney General
- California Attorney General Complaint Form - Fraud Against the Government (Form JUS 8854) PDF
NOTE: Online documents are in Portable Document Format (PDF) and require Adobe Acrobat Reader to view, unless otherwise noted. Please contact Human Resources at (562) 951-4411 or send an e-mail to Human Resources to request a document in plain text format.