Choosing a Graduate Program
CSU Master's/Doctoral Degrees
Awarded by Discipline Division
|All Other Disciplines
Graduate Programs at the CSU
The California State University offers a wide range of graduate degrees and programs.
On the following pages, degree programs offered at 22 CSU campuses are listed. To learn
more about programs that interest you, contact program departments or check campus websites.
Search for CSU Graduate Degree Programs
Selecting a Degree Program
In selecting a degree program, one of the most important aspects is its
academic fit—that is, how well-suited the school is to the research you
want to do. When selecting a degree major and making a decision to apply
to a specific graduate program, consider the following factors:
- Does the program emphasize theory or practice?
- Where do their graduates go after graduation, and does the program offer placement information?
- Are there opportunities to teach?
- Are there opportunities for professional development?
- Does the program have a graduate student handbook that describes satisfactory progress?
- Are you academically prepared for the kind of program being offered?
When you identify a program that appears to suit your needs, schedule a
visit and be prepared to discuss your research interests with the faculty and
current graduate students. A campus visit is an excellent opportunity to network
and clarify the variety of research interests of the faculty and their graduate
students. Ask lots of questions.