California State University, Maritime
The Graduate Experience
Established in 1929, California Maritime Academy, a campus of The California State University,
is the only degree-granting maritime academy on the West Coast. The campus offers undergraduate
degrees preparing students for careers in engineering, transportation, international relations,
business, and global logistics. It also offers a Master of Science degree in Transportation and
Engineering Management with areas of specialization in Transportation, Engineering Management,
and Humanitarian Disaster Management. The graduate degree program is offered in a fully online
asynchronous format to accommodate the busy schedules of working adults.
Designed in collaboration with business and industry, the graduate program focuses on meeting the
educational and career goals of busy mid-career professionals. The program is completely online
so that students can access the curriculum and content anywhere and anytime. Students progress
through the program in cohort groups and can finish in as few as 20 months. The program is uniquely
designed to promote and support student success.
- Innovative Curriculum - designed and delivered in close collaboration with business and industry
- Cohort Based Learning - a collaborative learning environment and the chance to build enduring professional relationships
- Tailored to the Individual - choice of one of three specializations to customize the program to student interests and career goals
- Fast Completion - complete the graduate degree in as few as 20 months
- Outstanding Faculty - combining the best of intellectual theory and real life practice to provide students with authentic learning experiences
- Completely Online - 24/7 access to the program helps students fit their studies into their busy schedules and stay on track to completion
- No Red Tape - everything necessary to complete the program is included in one package price
Cal Maritime is located on a scenic waterfront campus in Vallejo, 30 miles northeast of San Francisco.
Serving slightly more than 1,000 students, class sizes are small and students, faculty and staff
know each other by name.
A key part of the campus experience is the annual training cruise aboard the 500-foot Training Ship
GOLDEN BEAR, which serves as a floating classroom and laboratory where theoretical and practical concepts
are practiced and applied. The unique Cal Maritime program combines classroom and online learning with
applied technology, leadership development and global awareness. Graduates have excellent career opportunities
on land, in ports, and at sea. Cal Maritime has the highest job placement rates upon graduation in the
CSU system with starting salaries well above the national average.