What the Task Force Will Do
The Task Force on a Sustainable Financial Model is charged with proposing to the Chancellor a sustainable plan for the future with respect to budget allocation, revenue generation, enrollment management, and institutional financial aid policies. The systemwide recommendations are to:
- Be responsive to the mission of the CSU and to the needs of our students, California, and society in general.
- Reflect regional as well as campus specific enrollment needs and aspirations.
- Provide for flexibility across the system, recognizing diversity of campus educational offerings.
- Recognize special circumstances for new and/or small campuses.
- Identify campus revenue enhancement opportunities, including national and international students.
- Modify State University Grant policy to create manageable "skin-in-the-game" for all students.
- Create policies and practices that are predictable with minimal fluctuations in annual resource allocations that allow coherent planning.
- Create a transitional implementation plan that does no harm.