Crellin Pauling Student Teaching Award
Crellin Pauling's family attended the 24th Annual CSU Biotechnology Symposium in January 2012 to present the Crellin Pauling Student Teaching Award (see video here). Left to right: Jenn Lillig (Sonoma State University and Chair, 2012 Pauling Selection Committee), David Pauling, Erick Morales (2012 Pauling Award winner), Kay Pauling, and Madeline Rasche (CSU Fullerton).
2015 NOMINATION DEADLINE: To Be Announced September, 2014
CSYou SUBMISSION FORM: Submissions currently closed
Applicants are required to submit an electronic version (Microsoft WORD, Adobe PDF, or JPG format) of their completed application package before due date. Hardcopy submissions are not accepted.
Nominations, including signed cover sheet, must be submitted electronically using the CSYou submission form (above) in either Microsoft WORD or Adobe PDF format before the deadline. Faculty will log into the CSYou form using their campus ID/username and password. Your previous CSUPERB Online Application and Review System (OARS) username & password will no longer be used.
A complete application package consists of all of the following:
- 2015 Pauling Award Cover Page (.doc) (with all signatures) - Link currently displays 2014 Cover Page as an example
- Signed Nomination Letter from a CSU faculty member (limit 2 pages; submitted on campus letterhead)
- Student Narrative (limit 2 pages)
The review committee will select the award recipient based on:
- Faculty Nomination Letter. The nominee must have a strong, excellent record of teaching in biotechnology-related courses or programs.
- Student Narrative. Competitive narratives will reflect the student applicant’s perspective on Crellin Pauling's focus on a scientifically literate electorate.
The CSUPERB program office will evaluate applications for completeness and eligibility. Only complete nomination packages (see above) will be considered. Qualified applications will be forwarded to the review committee. The review committee is comprised of CSU faculty, administrators and Pauling family representatives. Up to two awards will be made each year. The CSU scholarship awards ($1750 each) will be announced and recipients recognized at the 27th Annual CSU Biotechnology Symposium in January, 2015. Pauling Award recipients usually make a 2-3 minute acceptance speech at the symposium.
For information about this program, please contact CSUPERB at (619) 594-2822 or by email.