Tuesday, August 27, 2013
10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
(Lobby/Phone line opens 10 minutes prior to live webcast; No participants will be admitted after 10:03 AM)
This session will provide a basic understanding of the fundamentals of the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and State CEQA Guidelines for campus and auxiliary staff who are involved in campus master planning as well as capital project development that requires compliance with CEQA.
The session will cover the following topics:
- The origination and purpose of CEQA
- CSU objectives for the CEQA process
- CEQA handbook; CEQA procedures
- Determinations relating to the type of CEQA document and actions
- Types of Environmental Impact Reports; tiering
- Categorical Exemptions
- Mitigated Negative Declarations
- “Fair argument” standard of review
- Finding of Consistency with prior CEQA documents
- Baseline for CEQA documentation
- Common CSU CEQA issues
- CSU CEQA initiatives
- CEQA Consultant master enabling agreements
- Global Climate Change and Greenhouse Gas Emissions (GHG)
- Public-Private Partnership projects
- Case law relevant to CSU
- Irena Finkelstein, Senior Environmental Manager, Parsons Brinckerhoff
- Steven Lohr, Chief of Land Use Planning and Environmental Review, CSU Office of the Chancellor
Registration closes Wednesday, August 14, 2013. You will receive an email by Friday, August 16 confirming your registration and the webcast link.
We have a new webcast audio system and are able to cut costs by providing streaming audio, without a phone conference line.
Simply login and stream the audio via your computer speakers. Participants are also able to communicate with the host and presenters by typing into the on-screen Chat Pods.
All participants will have the ability to attend using their webcam, although webcams are not mandatory to attend. Please contact Jennifer Wicks by Wednesday, August 14 to test your connection - see Technical Questions below.
Test your computer
Please be sure your computer is webcast-ready by clicking this test link: https://admin.acrobat.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm.
Contact Jennifer Wicks, Executive Producer, Systemwide Professional Development at (562) 951-4525, email@example.com. Feel free to contact Jennifer to pre-test, making sure your computer is webcast-ready, prior to Thursday morning.
P.S. If you've never participated in an Adobe Connect webcast, you can watch and listen to a quick overview here: https://admin.adobe.acrobat.com/_a227210/attendfirstmeeting/
For SurveyMonkey questions, please contact Jarelle de Sais, (562) 951-4093.
Webcast produced by Systemwide Professional Development.