California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA)
Thursday, December 6, 2012
CSU Office of the Chancellor, Wallace Room
8:30 AM – 4:00 PM; $75.00
Continental breakfast and lunch will be provided. The room will open at 8:00 AM.
Although this session will provide a brief overview of key elements of the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), the primary intent of this training is to gain advanced knowledge of CEQA through exploration of the following topics: application of CEQA guidelines to specific projects; updates on case law related to CEQA and recent CSU cases; implications of case law upon infrastructure requirements; presentation of the CSU Transportation Impact Study Manual and Transportation Demand Management Manual; and discussion of emerging issues (e.g., sustainable communities, historic resources).
This session is designed for campus and auxiliary staff who are involved in campus master planning as well as capital project development that requires compliance with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA).
- Steven Lohr, EdD, Chief of Land Use Planning and Environmental Review, Office of the Chancellor (Moderator/Presenter)
- Irena Finkelstein, AICP, Senior Manager, Environmental Services and Planning, Parsons Brinkerhoff
- Renee Longman, AICP, LEED AP B+C, Senior Project Manager, URS Corporation
- Ann Sansevero, AICP, Senior Project Manager, URS Corporation
- Andrea Gunn Eaton, University Counsel, CSU Chancellor’s Office
- Mark Dillon, Environmental Consultant and Partner, Gatzke Dillon & Ballance LLP
- Michael Haberkorn, Environmental Consultant and Partner, Gatzke Dillon & Ballance LLP
- Jason Pack, P.E., Senior Associate, Fehr & Peers Brian Canepa, Senior Associate, Nelson Nygaard Consulting
- Stephen Svete, AICP, LEED ND, Principal, Rincon Consultants
- Richard Daulton, MURP, Principal, Rincon Consultants
- John Bridges, FAICP, Principal, Design + Planning, AECOM
- Brian Boxer, AICP, Principal/Vice President, AECOM
- Sarah Lozano, AICP, Senior Project Manager, Dudek Engineering/Environmental
- Jennifer Trotoux, Associate, Architectural Resources Group
Thursday, November 29, 2012 or at capacity.
Payment can be made by Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Cash Posting Order (CPO) (for CSU attendees only), and Checks (for non-CSU attendees only). All payments must be received no later than Thursday, November 29. No payment will be accepted the day of training.
All cancellations are subject to a $10.00 cancellation fee. No cancellations will be accepted after Thursday, November 29. Substitutions can occur at any time.
CSU Office of the Chancellor
401 Golden Shore
Long Beach, CA 90802
There are a number of hotels in close proximity of the training location. Ask for the state government rate when making your reservation.
Avia Long Beach Hotel
The Westin Hotel
Long Beach Downtown Residence Inn by Marriott
Parking and Directions
Parking is available at the Catalina Landing Parking Structure for $15.00 per day. Parking will not be validated. Click here for directions.
For questions please contact Nancy Freelander-Paice, 562-951-4087.