Obtaining Project Reviews and Approval
The Campus Deputy Building Official (CDBO) is the campus go-to person for identification and management of each individual campus project ‘code approval’. The following determinations must be addressed for each project. Once all required approvals are secured and Approval to Proceed to Bid form is issued by the CDBO. Effectively this form acts as a CSU ‘Building Permit’.
CBSC Appendix Chapter 1, Administration, Section 103-Department of Building Safety and Section 104-Duties and Powers of Building Official, have been adopted as policy under SUAM Section XI. The above is provided as a summary of requirements. See these Sections for full wording.
Approvals Required for All Construction
- CEQA Compliance Statement
- Building Code Plan Check Review
- Mechanical Systems Review
- Seismic Peer Review
- State Fire Marshal Review
While Seismic and Mechanical Peer Reviews are required for all construction, campus determinations may be substituted for outside peer reviews on projects below $400,000 in construction value. See sub-sections for more information.
Outside Agency Approvals
- Elevators and Escalators
- Division of Occupational Safety and Health (DOSH)
- Pressure vessels over 125 gallons (i.e., LPG tanks, air tanks)
- High pressure boilers over 15 psig
- County Health Department
- Food service
- Aquatic features
- Army Corp of Engineers
- California Coastal Commission
- San Francisco Bay Conservation and Development Commission