Mechanical Peer Review Resume:
Paulo Fundament, P.E., LEED
Mr. Fundament has over 24 years of broad experience in design and implementation of technically complex projects in the areas of modern HVAC design, HVAC retrofit, plumbing engineering design, demand side energy management, thermal storage systems, and building automation systems. With hundreds of projects to his credit, he has been instrumental in providing highly sustainable and energy efficient design solutions. His dynamic management style and ability to clearly communicate complicated technical issues has been critical to his firm’s success. Mr. Fundament’s forte for designing complex medical, bio-medical and research facilities is quite evident. Additionally, his experience covers a diverse range of institutional facilities and campus utilities.
Primarily, Mr. Fundament’s firm provides MEP engineering design services. It also provides commissioning, project management and construction administration support services.
Representative projects include:
- UCSD New Medical Research Facility
- UCSD New Bioengineering Building
- CSU San Bernardino New Recreation Center
- CSU Fullerton New Visitor Center Fullerton Arboretum
- UCI Medical Sciences Building Renovation
- UCSD Basic Science Building Major Mechanical Renovation
- UCSD Mayer Hall Major Mechanical Renovation
- UCSD Hillcrest Medical Center Seismic Renovation
- UCSD MRI Brain Imaging Center
- California Energy Commission A/E Technical Assistance for New/Existing Facilities
- California Energy Commission International Energy Technology Export Program
- California (DGS) Energy Assessments Energy Efficiency & Water Conservation Measures
- Newport-Mesa USD MEP Design Standards & Measure A Bond Projects (10 Campuses)
Registered Mechanical Engineer, #M 24311, LEED Accredited Professional
Classes, Seminars and Speaking Engagements
AIA Orange County 2003 CES Seminar, “Energy Efficient and Sustainable HVAC Design”, Newport Beach, CA, February 26, 2003.
iLABS, Seminars on Mechanical Systems Design for Research Laboratories in 2002 and 2003 in San Diego and Los Angeles.
ASHRAE Orange Empire Chapter, various Seminars on the subjects of Controls and Automation for complex facilities.
“Greening of the State Capitol Building”, Contributor 2001, Final Publication by Rocky Mountain Group
Fundament & Associates website: www.FA-Eng.com