CSU Owner Controlled Insurance Program
The Trustees have established a CSU Owner Controlled Insurance Program, or OCIP, to be used on all projects starting construction on or after January 1, 2012 with a construction estimate greater than $10 Million. Projects with a lesser value may be added to the program on a case-by-case basis. The following CSU Contract General Conditions now include OCIP requirements: Design-Bid-Build Major Projects, Design-Build Major Projects, and Construction Manager at Risk with Guaranteed Maximum Price Projects.
Alliant Insurance Services, Inc. is the administrator for this program. Please review the document "Wrap-up Capabilities" below, which is an overview of the OCIP program. Contact Alliant prior to preparing bid documents for your project, so that OCIP requirements are included.
- Wrap-up Capabilities (.pdf)
Alliant's informational PowerPoint presentation regarding OCIP.
- CSU DRAFT OCIP Insurance Manual (.pdf)
The above Insurance Manual is in draft form; Alliant will customize the Insurance Manual for each project enrolled in OCIP.
- OCIP Safety Manual (.pdf)
For each project enrolled in OCIP, the OCIP Safety Manual shall be included in the Project Request for Proposals or Specifications.
- Project Safety Observation Form (OCIP Safety Rep)
- Project Summary Safety Report Form (OCIP Safety Rep)
- CSU Drug Testing Notification
- Drug Test Consent Form (Employer) / Consentimiento a Examen de Drogas Ilícitas (Empleador)
- OCIP Safety Orientation Acknowledgement (Employer) / OCIP Orientación de Seguridad (Empleador)