CSU STEM VISTA Member Benefits
Watch this video to learn more about the terms, conditions, and benefits of serving as a CSU STEM VISTA member.
- Modest monthly living allowance, varies by location
- Relocation allowance (only members moving 50+ miles)
- Health coverage
- Paid personal and sick days
- Childcare assistance (if eligible)
- Loan deferment/forbearance (if eligible)
- Upon completion of service, choice of:
- $5,815 Segal Education Award, or
- $1,500 End of Service Stipend
Professional Development and Training
- Orientation: Before starting service, CSU STEM VISTA members are required to participate in Pre Service Orientation, facilitated by the Corporation for National and Community Service.
- On-going Training: CSU STEM VISTA members will be brought together for four in-person professional development trainings throughout the year. VISTA members will also participate in monthly skill-based webinars. All trainings are designed to help the VISTA members achieve their project goals and develop hard skills that will be relevant and transferrable to any career or industry.
- Gain diverse, hands-on experience and practical skills in management and development
- Network with industry and civic engagement leaders
- Gain in-depth knowledge of how higher education and K-12 systems work
- Become a seasoned leader and essential group member
- Help inform national research on effective STEM student success practices
- Be a part of a diverse cohort of CSU STEM VISTA alumni
- Be part of the national service movement