CSU STEM VISTA Member Benefits
Kristina Barger is an AmericCorps*VISTA alumna and program director for CSU STEM VISTA. Read how VISTA changed her life »
- Modest monthly living allowance, varies by site
- Relocation allowance (only members moving 50+ miles)
- Health coverage
- Personal and sick days
- Childcare assistance (if eligible)
- Loan deferment/forbearance (if eligible)
- Upon completion of service, choice of:
- $5,500 Segal Education Award, or
- $1,500 End of Service Stipend
Professional Development and Training
- Training Prior to Service: CSU STEM VISTA members will attend Pre-Service Orientation (PSO), facilitated by the Corporation for National and Community Service, from July 8 to 11, 2014.
- On-going Training: CSU STEM VISTA members will meet their site supervisor at a 3-day On-Site Orientation and Training. This training, based on CSU STEM VISTA goals, will be project and site specific. CCE will organize additional statewide professional development that brings all CSU STEM VISTA members together.
- Network with industry and civic engagement leaders
- Gain in-depth knowledge of how higher education and K-12 systems work
- Help inform national research on effective STEM student success practices
- Gain hands-on experience in management and development
- Be a part of a diverse cohort of CSU STEM VISTA alumni
- Be part of the national service movement
To learn more about the extensive benefits of VISTA service, click here.