How to Apply
- Must be a U.S. citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident alien age 18 or older
- Bachelor’s degree required (degree in science, technology, engineering, or math not required)
- Commitment to VISTA’s anti-poverty mission
- Interest and willingness to understand issues related to college access and success
- Experience working with college students, youth, community-based or governmental organizations
- Ability to take on a leadership role
- Experience in any of the following areas: project or program management, volunteer management, multi-tasking, community building, community organizing, public speaking skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
Complete an AmeriCorps Application: Visit https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/publicRequestSearch.do to search for AmeriCorps positions and create an online AmeriCorps application. To find our CSU STEM VISTA positions, visit the “Available Positions” page for specific position links or apply to our general posting by following the link at the top of this page.
Offers will be made on a rolling basis until all positions are filled. We ask candidates to select their top three positions because of our unique hiring process. The VISTA Program Manager and VISTA recruitment team will match candidates with host sites based on a number of factors, including knowledge, skill, interests of the applicant, and the needs of the host site.