How to Apply
We are not currently accepting applications for the 2016-2017 program year. However, the application process is detailed below. We will begin recruiting in mid-February 2016.
- Must be a U.S. citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident alien age 18 or older
- Bachelor’s degree required (degree in science, technology, engineering, or math not required)
- Commitment to VISTA’s anti-poverty mission
- Interest and willingness to understand issues related to college access and success
- Experience working with college students, youth, community-based or governmental organizations
- Ability to take on a leadership role
- Experience in any of the following areas: project or program management, volunteer management, multi-tasking, community building, community organizing, public speaking skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
Complete AmeriCorps General Online Application
- Visit our general VISTA position posting: link will be available in February 2016
- Complete an online AmeriCorps application by clicking ‘Apply Now’
- Submit a resume and cover letter to Kristina Barger, VISTA Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualified candidates will be contacted to set up a 60-minute interview
- Interviews will be conducted via phone conferencing by at least two members of the VISTA recruitment team.
- Read the VISTA FAQs(.pdf) prior to your interview.
- Visit our Available Positions page to view our current CSU STEM VISTA positions. Candidates should be prepared to provide their top three placement choices in the interview.
Offers will be made on a rolling basis until all positions are filled.
- We ask candidates to select their top three positions because of our unique hiring process. The VISTA Program Manager and VISTA recruitment team will match candidates with host sites based on a number of factors, including knowledge, skill, interests of the applicant, and the needs of the host site.