Apply to CSU STEM VISTA
Kristina Barger is an AmericCorps*VISTA alumna and program director for CSU STEM VISTA. Read how VISTA changed her life »
We are not currently accepting applications. We typically accept applications between January and March each year.
- Must be a U.S. citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident alien age 18 or older
- Bachelor’s degree required (degree in science, technology, engineering, or math preferred)
- Commitment to VISTA’s anti-poverty mission
- Interest and willingness to understand issues related to college access and success
- Experience working with college students, youth, community-based or governmental organizations
- Ability to take on a leadership role
- Experience in any of the following areas: project or program management, volunteer management, multi-tasking, community building, community organizing, public speaking skills
- Organizational skills, excellent verbal and written communication
Step 1: Complete AmeriCorps General Online Application
- First, create an account on https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=53110&fromSearch=true and fill out a general online AmeriCorps application
- Visit CSU STEM VISTA listing and click ‘Apply Now’
Step 2: Submit Your CSU STEM VISTA Supplemental Application
- Submit the CSU STEM VISTA Supplemental Application (.docx)
- Submit a resume and cover letter
- All materials should be sent to Kristina Barger, VISTA Program Manager.
Step 3: Prepare for your Interview
The Center for Community Engagement (CCE) will contact you to schedule a 60-minute interview. Interviews will be conducted via phone/video conferencing with at least two Chancellor's Office representatives. Please review the VISTA FAQs (.pdf) prior to your interview.
The Center for Community Engagement (CCE) will be accepting applications beginning February 24, 2014. Offers will be made on a rolling basis until all positions are filled.
Applicants may be offered and required to accept/decline a CSU STEM VISTA position prior to being notified of their CSU STEM host site placement. CCE will match CSU STEM VISTA applicants with host sites based on a number of factors, including knowledge, skills and interest of applicant, and the needs of the host site.