Apply to CSU STEM VISTA
Kristina Barger is an AmericCorps*VISTA alumna and program director for CSU STEM VISTA. Read how VISTA changed her life »
We are currently accepting applications for the 2015-2016 program year. See below for application process.
- Must be a U.S. citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident alien age 18 or older
- Bachelor’s degree required (degree in science, technology, engineering, or math preferred)
- Commitment to VISTA’s anti-poverty mission
- Interest and willingness to understand issues related to college access and success
- Experience working with college students, youth, community-based or governmental organizations
- Ability to take on a leadership role
- Experience in any of the following areas: project or program management, volunteer management, multi-tasking, community building, community organizing, public speaking skills
- Organizational skills, excellent verbal and written communication
Complete AmeriCorps General Online Application by April 30, 2015
- Visit our general VISTA position posting: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=59024&fromSearch=true
- Complete an online AmeriCorps application by clicking ‘Apply Now’
Qualified candidates will be contacted to set up a 30-minute intake interview
- Interviews will be conducted via phone conferencing by at least one member of the VISTA recruitment team.
- Please review the VISTA FAQs (.pdf) prior to your interview.
- Candidates will receive a brief description of all available CSU STEM VISTA positions. Candidates should be prepared to provide their top three positions in the intake interview.
Candidates selected to move on to a final interview will be required to submit a brief writing sample and will participate in a 60-minute interview.
- Guidelines will be provided and writing sample must be submitted prior to scheduling a final interview.
- Final interviews will be conducted via phone conferencing with at least two Chancellor’s Office representatives.
Offers will be made on a rolling basis beginning April 15th until all positions are filled.
We ask for candidates to select their top three positions because of our unique hiring process. The VISTA Program Manager and VISTA recruitment team will match candidates with host sites based on a number of factors, including knowledge, skill, interests of applicant, and the needs of the host site.