Advancing Academic Culture to Realize the Civic Mission of Education
Advancing Academic Culture to Realize the Civic Mission of Education (CME)
program is funded by Learn and Serve America to support long-term
institutionalization of service learning and civic engagement.
CSU campuses have been awarded funds for two primary efforts. On an annual
basis, campuses assess ten indicators within academic culture and four
indicators within civic engagement area. Utilizing the
(.doc) as a
benchmark for progress, campuses have developed activities to transform academic
culture in order to more fully realize the civic mission of education.
Below is the timeline and resources:
- Assessing current campus efforts to advance academic culture to realize
the civic mission of education (December 2003 -March 2004);
- Developing plans that outline specific activities over the two-year
grant period that will advance a campus's academic culture in order to
realize its civic mission of education (December 2003 - March 2004); and
- Implementing campus plans (May 2004 - May 2006).
- Realizing the Civic Mission of Education-Program Management Resources -
Request for Proposals
is available for review; however, campus funds have already been distributed.
- Goals of the CME Program (.doc, 875KB) - For program
directors, this document outlines our main Learn and Serve performance