The COOL SCHOOL
after school program is a community partnership that involves college
student AmeriCorps members, elementary school teachers, and Sonoma
State University staff in creating after school environments that
produce success for children and families.
COOL SCHOOL is designed to provide enrichment to struggling students
in the after school hours. The program is free to families of students
identified by their school for participation in the program.
COOL SCHOOL seeks to provide a positive and safe after school
environment where children are nurtured both academically and socially.
The goals of the COOL SCHOOL program include:
- Increasing the number of safe, healthy and engaged students
in the community.
- Increasing student skill development in reading/language arts
- Expanding the number of skilled future teachers with an understanding
of the needs of the community.
- Advancing community participation in the healthy development
of its young people.
COOL SCHOOL Profile
- Approximately, $92,196 in education awards
have been awarded to CSU students through the COOL SCHOOL Program.
- Over the past 3 years approximately 78
CSU students participated in the COOL SCHOOL Program contributing
35,100 hours of community service.
- Currently, 58 students are participating in
the COOL SCHOOL Program.
For More Information Contact:
Phone: (707) 664-2243