The mission of Audit and Advisory Services is to assist university management and the Trustees in the effective discharge of their fiduciary and administrative responsibilities by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. This assistance is provided through a series of independent and objective operational and compliance audits, internal control reviews, investigations, and advisory services designed to add value and improve operations.
Key Goals and Opportunities
- Provide ongoing assurance that critical risks are being mitigated to acceptable levels and the CSU is operating efficiently and effectively.
- Add value by contributing to the improvement of governance, risk management, operations and control processes, and by promoting continuous improvement.
- Enhance awareness and understanding of risk and control, and promote appropriate ethics and values.
- Partner with management to analyze current and emerging risks to the CSU and design controls to mitigate those risks.
- Observe opportunities for process improvement or other enhancements that ultimately either increase the CSU’s efficiency and effectiveness or help fulfill its mission.
- Foster communication between system offices and campuses, including the sharing of best practices and model policies.