CSU Enrollment by Age, Sex, and Student Level
1. The census date for this report is the close of the third week of instruction for campuses on a quarter system and the fourth week of instruction for campuses on a semester system. Enrollments are in terms of the net number of students actively enrolled on the census date.
2. Age was determined by subtracting year of birth from 1998.
3. Enrollment type is based on the number of semester or quarter credit hours for which a student was enrolled on the census date, as follows:
Part-time students--fewer than 12 semester or quarter hours.
Full-time students--12 or more semester or quarter hours.
4. Class level is determined by the number of accumulated semester or quarter credit hours as follows:
Class Level Semester Hours Quarter Hours
Freshman fewer than 30 fewer than 45
Sophomore 30 to fewer than 60 45 to fewer than 90
Junior 60 to fewer than 90 90 to fewer than 135
Senior 90 or more 135 or more
5. The numbers included in this report do not include the students who are studying abroad in fall 1998 via CSU International Programs. For selected data on these students please see the new Statistical Report for the CSU International Programs.
Numbers for the CSU International Programs will be included in the 1998-99 College Year Statistical Report, and they will be included in all applicable Statistical Reports thereafter.
6. Enrollment in the Statewide Nursing Program is now included in Dominguez Hills.
CSU Fall Term Enrollment Summary, Fall 1998
Table of Contents
Table 1.0 Total Enrollment by Age, Sex and Student Level, Fall 1998, Systemwide and by Campus
Table 2.0 Full-Time Enrollment by Age, Sex, and Student Level, Fall 1998, Systemwide and by Campus
Table 3.0 Part-Time Enrollment by Age, Sex, and Student Level, Fall 1998, Systemwide and by Campus
Table 4.0 Undergraduate, Postbaccalaureate and Graduate Student Enrollment by Age Category, Fall 1998
Table 5.0 First-Time Freshmen by Age and Sex, Fall 1998
Table 6.0 Undergraduate Transfers by Age and Sex, Fall 1998