CSU Origin of Fall Term Enrollment
1. This report is based on the Student Enrollment File (ERSS) of the Enrollment Reporting System.
2. The census date for this report is the close of the third week of instruction for campuses on a quarter system and the fourth week of instruction for campuses on a semester system. Enrollments are in terms of the net number of students actively enrolled on the census date.
3. Undergraduate student level classification is determined by the number of accumulated semester or quarter credit hours. A graduate student holds an acceptable baccalaureate or its equivalent and has been enrolled in a graduate degree program. A postbaccalaureate student holds an acceptable baccalaureate or its equivalent and is not enrolled in a graduate degree program.
4. The citizenship definition is based on codes which indicate whether or not a student is a citizen of the USA, and is not related to fee status (tables labeled noncitizen enrollment).
5. The resident status for noncitizens defines:
Visa status includes noncitizens who are attending the CSU on a student "F" visa, an exchange visitor "J" visa, and other "O" visa. Some visa students, such as diplomats and dependents pay resident fees.
Resident alien status includes immigrants (applied for and received form I-151 "green card").
6. For students who have been classified as California residents, the geographic origin of the student is the California county of residence at the time of application to the CSU. For citizens of the USA who are nonresidents of California for fee purposes, the geographic origin of the student is the state or possession in which the student resided at the time of application. For noncitizens who also are nonresident students (based on fee status), the geographic origin is the country of citizenship.
CSU Origin of Fall Term Enrollment, Fall 1997
Table of Contents
TOTAL CSU ENROLLMENT (Tables 1 through 4)
1. Total Enrollment by Citizenship Status by Campus & Sex, Fall 1997
NONCITIZEN STUDENTS BY:
Residence of Total Enrollment, All Levels
2. Summary, Systemwide from Fall 1975
3. Summary By Campus and Sex, Fall 1997
4. Residence of Total Enrollment by Campus, Fall 1997
Residence of Undergraduate Students
5. Summary by Campus and Sex, Fall 1997
6. By Campus, Fall 1997
Residence of Postbaccalaureate and Graduate Students
7. Summary by Campus and Sex, Fall 1997
8. By Campus, Fall 1997
9. Citizenship Status and Sex, Number and Percent, Systemwide, from Fall 1980
10. Rank of Campus by Noncitizen Enrollment, Number and Percent, Fall 1997
11. Enrollment by Major Division, Citizenship Status, and Sex, All Levels,
Systemwide, Fall 1997
12. Source Countries by Citizenship Status, Systemwide, Fall 1997
13. Top Fifteen Source Countries, Number and Percent of Total Noncitizens,
Systemwide, from 1987
14. Source Countries of Noncitizen Students by Campus, Fall 1997
15. Undergraduate Noncitizen Students by Source Country and Campus, Fall 1997
16. Postbaccalaureate and Graduate Noncitizen Students by Source Country and
Campus, Fall 1997