1. This report is based on data submitted by campuses in the Enrollment Reporting System-Teachers (ERST) system.
2. Information contained in this report is for the period, July 1, 1994 to June 30, 1995.
3. With the exception of Table 17, data reported for Multiple and Single Subject credentials are for initial
4. Students identify themselves by ethnicity and are categorized in one of the following groups:
Unknown. Students having an ethnic group code of "No Response," and "Declined to State" are grouped together in this report as "Unknown." This group also includes students whose ethnicity cannot be classified into one of the identified groups.
5. Enrollments are summarized by ethnic group after first excluding "Nonresident Aliens." Students having an ethnic group code of "All Other Responses," "No Response," and "Declined to State" are grouped together in this report as "Unknown."
6. Percents by ethnic group, "African American" through "White Non-Latino" sum to 100. Percents of "Total Identified," "Unknown," and "Nonresident Alien" sum to 100.
7. Demographic information is linked to credential recommendation data in the initial stages of building the database. If no match occurs between the two bodies of data for a particular student, the students gender, ethnicity, institution of origin, or age may be missing from report tables.
8. Preliminary designated subject credentials can be acquired without attending a CSU campus. Internship credential recommendations are made when the student begins a CSU education credential program.
9. Tables displaying information on "Credentials Recommended" reflect the number of recommendations made by CSU credential analysts, not the number of individuals who are being recommended. Some individuals received recommendations for more than one credential.
CSU Education Credentials Recommended, 1994-95
Table of Contents
Tables 1 through 8
Table 1. Credentials Recommended by Campus, 1994-95
Table 2. Credentials Recommended by Ethnicity, 1994-95
Table 3. Individuals Recommended for Education Credentials by Campus and Ethnicity, 1994-95
Table 4. Initial Multiple and Single Subject Credentials Recommended by Class and Ethnicity, 1994-95
Table 5. Initial Single Subject Credentials Recommended by Subject Authorization and Ethnicity, 1994-95
Table 6. Age of Initial Multiple and Single Subject Credential Recommendees by Ethnicity, 1994-95
Table 7. Initial Multiple and Single Subject Credentials Recommended by Age and Gender of the Recipient, 1994-95
Table 8. Multiple Subject Credentials Recommended by Multicultural/Language Emphasis, 1994-95
Tables 9 through 17
Table 9. Single Subject Credentials Recommended by Multicultural Language Emphasis, 1994-95
Table 10. Initial Multiple and Single Subject Credentials Recommended by Method of Satisfying Subject Matter Competency Requirement, 1994-95
Table 11. Service Credentials Recommended by Ethnicity, 1994-95
Table 12. Specialist Credentials Recommended by Ethnicity, 1994-95
Table 13. Designated Subject Credentials Recommended by Ethnicity, 1994-95
Table 14. Credentials Recommended by Institution of Origin, 1994-95
Table 15. Credentials Recommended by Gender, 1994-95
Table 16. Individuals Recommended for Multiple Credentials by Campus and Type of Credential Combination, 1994-95
Table 17. Total Credentials Recommended by Ethnicity, 1994-95