Phase Two 2011-14
In its second phase in California, Give Students a Compass is supporting up to nine pilot sites around the state, selected to test new approaches to general education and transfer that could one day inform an improved statewide curriculum.
All pilot sites involve both a California State University campus and the nearby community colleges serving many of the same students.
Pilot projects seek ways to embed a greater number of high-impact and best practices into the GE transfer curriculum, improving student success in ways that are feasible, scalable and educationally effective.
- Networking partnerships
- Pilot projects currently underway:
- CSU Channel Islands and Oxnard College
- CSU Los Angeles and East Los Angeles College
- CSU Monterey Bay, Cabrillo College, and Hartnell College
- CSU Northridge and Pierce College (Quality Collaborative)
- CSU Sacramento and Cosumnes River College
- San Francisco State University and City College of San Francisco